What to do if you have experienced auto theft Page Content
Report Auto Theft Information
If you are a victim of a auto theft, you should contact the police immediately and file a stolen vehicle report. Insurance companies will not honor a claim for vehicle theft unless first an auto theft police report has been filed.
After contacting the police, you can report the theft to most large insurance companies online or call to report the stolen vehicle as soon as possible. Insurance claim representatives are typically available 24-hours a day 7 days a week to help you.
When you contact an insurance claim agent, be sure to have the following information available:
- The title of ownership for the stolen vehicle.
- Location of all keys to the stolen vehicle before and after the auto theft.
- A list of names and contact information of all people who had access to the stolen vehicle.
- A description of stolen car, including options, mileage, service records, and any upgrades. Also, have any receipts for upgrades or maintenance available if applicable.
- A list of personal property that was stolen with the stolen vehicle. Insurance coverage for personal items varies from insurance companies and from state to state. Sometimes homeowners or renters insurance policies may provide additional coverage for personal items that were stolen.
- Include any finance or leasing company information, account number and contact information if applicable.
- Report the stolen vehicle to the finance or leasing company if applicable.
If you have experienced auto theft, reporting it to the police and any applicable insurance companies immediately upon becoming aware of the stolen car is of the essence. This is to get compensated more quickly and most importantly to release yourself from responsibility in case the stolen vehicle is involved in an accident or used in another crime. Stolen Lost & Found Online is here to help, if you have any stolen car information or tips of your own, please let us know. Thanks.
How To File A Stolen Auto Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen Auto Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen Auto report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen Auto as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen Auto report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen Auto, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Auto Reports
- Stolen Dodge Caliber serial number 1b3hb28b58d678652
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Honda CRF80F serial number JH2HE0116DK201852
- Stolen GMC Topkick serial number 1GDM7H1J3LJ601142
- Stolen Chevrolet 3500 dump truck serial number 3GBKC34G22M107550
- Stolen CHEVEY BLAZER serial number 1GNC518W432216809
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Cadillac Seville ID 15634
- Stolen Ford Pk F150 serial number 1FTRW07L41KE08111
- Stolen Chevrolet Corvette serial number 1g1yk3d73e5126510
What to do if you have experienced auto theft Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise What to do if you have experienced auto theft information. If you have any stolen Auto information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.