What is a database? Page Content
What is a database?
A database is a collection of data typically organized in table form with rows and columns to easily create, edit, view and delete the data. A database content will typically be relevant to a particular subject, such as a stolen property database, so information can be quickly acquired. For example, searching a specific item by make, model or serial number.
The term "database" applies to the data and the supporting data structure, not the database management system (DBMS). The term "database system" refers to data that is managed with accuracy, availability ease of use and stability. A database system is the combination of the database collection and the database management system (DBMS) together. General purpose database management systems (DBMS) are usually complex software systems with a high level of usage requirements for database maintenance. Databases are now widespread and virtually every business, small or large, use databases to manage various operations of the business. Some businesses may even have database management systems embedded into the service itself.
The largest, most well-known database management systems include IBM DB2, Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite PostgreSQL and FoxPro. Typically a database is not compatible across different database management system (DBMS) platforms. However, to some degree database management systems (DBMS) can operate together using database management standards using one application across multiple databases. A database management system must also provide sufficient operating execution to support the end-users needs, this operating execution being items such as performance, availability, ability to edit content and security.
Most modern websites use a database for content, such a website is called a content management system (CMS) website. A CMS website stores things such as website structure, visitor information, user information and content. A few open-source CMS websites are Wordpress, Drupal and Cushy.
How To File A Property Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Property Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Property report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post the item either as Stolen, Lost or Found.
- Enter as much information as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your item, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Property Reports
- Stolen Dodge Caliber serial number 1b3hb28b58d678652
- Stolen Apple iPhone 6S serial number C7JRK339GRXQ
- Stolen GoPro Hero 5 Black serial number C3161325413469
- Stolen Martin GPC12PA4 serial number 1891723
- Stolen Ibanez LGB30 serial number 8780212916
- Stolen Overton Family Cabinet Card Photographs California Circa 1890s Sterling City and Chico California serial number Vintage Photographs
- Stolen Rolex Explorer 2 serial number 6079473
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM serial number 21980913
- Stolen Sony a7s ii serial number S01-3391834-H
Latest Lost Property Reports
- Lost Apple 6s plus serial number FLNRC0RVGRWF
- Lost GoPro Hero 4 Session serial number C3141326364965
- Lost Apple iPad Mini 2 serial number F4KMW67NFCM7
- Lost Jeep Wrangler sport serial number 1K4AA2D12BL559643
- Lost MG5Y2LLA IPhone 6 Gold 16GB A1549 serial number F19PKCB2G5MF
- Lost Chevy Tahoe serial number 1gnek13t13j225822
- Lost BREITLING MONTRESS SA Breitling Navitimer Jupiter Pilot serial number Breitling Ref. A59028 Case Nr. 14415
- Lost Rolex 16113 serial number 6767495
- Lost Vince Leather Jacket Scuba leather jacket with fabric panels ID 15525
- Lost apple iphone6 serial number C36P21N6G5MR
Latest Found Property Reports
- Found Cadillac SRX ID 15516
- Found Apple Ipad Air ID 15483
- Found nissan altimasl ID 15397
- Found Cartier ID 15363
- Found Apple iPhone ID 15345
- Found apple iphone 6s ID 15221
- Found Omega Speedmaster Professional ID 15206
- Found ktm duke ID 15184
- Found apple ipod ID 15177
- Found Apple iPad AIR 2 ID 15044
What is a database? Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise What is a database? information. If you have any stolen Property information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.