Stolen Serial Number Database Page Content
What Is A Serial Number?
Practically every manufactured item has an identification number called a serial number or vehicle identification number (VIN) for vehicles such as cars, trucks or motorcycles. This number is unique to each item and serves like a fingerprint of identity.
Stolen Property Serial Number Database
Stolen Lost Found Online hosts one of the largest and most comprehensive stolen property serial number databases in the world. It's both free and easy to use the database service. The police will confiscate all property with serial numbers that are linked with property reported stolen. There is no way to be compensated for the money spent on stolen property, which is why it's so important to check a serial number before purchasing anything pre-owned, especially when buying online.
How To Search The Stolen Property Serial Number Database
To search the stolen property serial number database, all you have to do is type in a serial number or vehicle identification number in the form at the top right of the page and press the "Enter" or "Return" key. If there is a match, the results will be displayed.
How To File A Stolen Property Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen Property Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen Property report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen Property as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen Property report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen Property, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Property Reports
- Stolen lenovo mix 3-10 serial number p2000fv3
- Stolen nikon d3200 serial number 8883018
- Stolen toshiba satellite serial number 6d059820s
- Stolen Honda CRF450R serial number JH2PE05305M300552
- Stolen Apple A1466 serial number C02LD887F5V8
- Stolen HONDA CRV serial number JHLRD784320068017
- Stolen ROLEX DAYTONA 116520 BLACK DIAL STAINLESS STEEL serial number D973178
- Stolen Nikon D3300 serial number 3869645
- Stolen iPhone 6s serial number C79QHX32GRY8
- Stolen MAZDA 2 ID 15111
Stolen Serial Number Database Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Stolen Serial Number Database information. If you have any stolen Property information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.