Stolen Property Police Report
Stolen Property Police Report Page Content
Stolen Property Police Report Overview
This article covers the importance of a stolen property police report and how to file a stolen property police report.
What Is A Stolen Property Police Report?
A stolen property police report is the official legal record of an incident of theft. The stolen property police report will include the details of the theft and information about the item that was stolen.
How To File A Stolen Property Police Report
If you are missing stolen property, the first item of action should be filing an official stolen property police report. Here are the general steps to file a stolen property police report:
- Go to the police station or law enforcement agency where the property was stolen.
- If applicable, ask for the stolen property department.
- Information typically requested while filing a stolen property report:
- Serial number (this is the most important item as it's the stolen property tablets's individual identification number)
- The details of the property theft, such as when, where and how the property theft occurred
- Any identifying marks or stickers on the stolen property
- Obtain a copy of the stolen property police report
Once the stolen property police report is completed, it will be entered onto a national police intranet database. This database, however, is not to be accessed by the public. To increase chances of recovering your Stolen property, alert the world by reporting the stolen property online.
Online Stolen Property Database
Here are the latest stolen property reports on the Stolen Property Database: