Stolen MacBook Page Content
Stolen MacBook Overview
The increased popularity and high re-sale value make Apple MacBook computers an enticing target for thieves. In a matter of moments, a MacBook can disappear without a trace. If you have had your MacBook stolen don't give up hope, Stolen Lost Found Online is here to help! We provide this stolen MacBook information, free
MacBook Theft Prevention Tips
- Write down you MacBook's serial number and keep this in you secure records
- Register your MacBook with Apple Care
- Do not leave MacBook unattended in public areas
- Do not leave MacBook unattended in a parked car, especially if visible to people walking by
- Do not leave computer bag unnattended if MacBook is in the bag
- Tape a piece of paper in your MacBook with name and email address
- Etch your name and contact email on the bottom of your MacBook
- Install stolen MacBook tracking software
How To File A Stolen MacBook Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen MacBook Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen MacBook report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen MacBook as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen MacBook report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen MacBook, long into the future.
Latest Stolen MacBook Reports
- Stolen Apple MacBook ID 14767
- Stolen Macbook Air ID 12966
- Stolen macbook pro serial number C02HW531DV33
- Stolen Apple Macbook serial number W88474ZT1AX
- Stolen macbook pro serial number C1MGRU6FDV13
- Stolen Apple Macbook serial number WQ8331BT0P1
- Stolen Apple MacBook serial number W892627Z9GV
- Stolen MacBook Pro serial number C02KN5CQFFT1
- Stolen Apple Macbook serial number 602-6415-A
- Stolen Apple Macbook ID 10029
Stolen MacBook Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Stolen MacBook information. If you have any stolen MacBook information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.