Stolen Laptop Page Content
Stolen Laptop Overview
Due to the more compact size of portable computers, stolen laptops are an ever increasing problem. A laptop can disappear in moments; a thief can have a stolen laptop in a bag and out the door at a coffee shop in the short time of turning to put cream in coffee. Below in information and laptop theft prevention tips to avoid becoming a victim of computer theft. This article covers stolen laptop information, how to file a stolen laptop police report, how to report a stolen laptop online, laptop theft prevention tips and the latest stolen laptop computers reported online.
Laptop Theft prevention
The best defense from having your laptop stolen is to always keep an eye on it and never leaving it in an unsecured area. According to the Stolen Lost Found Online database, many stolen laptops are taken as part of an auto theft incident. Due of this statistic, a car should not be considered a secure area and a laptop should only be left in a car in time of bare necessity only.
Stolen Laptop Preparation
It's always good to follow the rule "Expect the best but prepare for the worst." That being said, expect that your laptop will not be stolen, but prepare for the situation. Here are some steps in case your laptop gets stolen:
- Practice secure computing for all your files you don't want a thief to ever access
- Place a sticker with your name and number for return inside or on the laptop
- Have "Property of YOUR_NAME. Please call YOUR_PHONE" etched on the back of the laptop
- Create an unlisted posting on the Stolen Lost Found Online database with serial number and photos
- Install a GPS tracker in the laptop
How To File A Stolen Laptop Police Report
The most important first thing to do for a stolen laptop is to file a stolen laptop police report. Here are the genereal steps to follow to file a stolen laptop police report:
- Go to the physical location of the police station or law enforcement agency where the laptop theft occurred.
- Go to the stolen property department if applicable
- Provide as many details as possible. Some items requested for the stolen laptop police report:
- Serial number (most importantly because this is the stolen laptop computer's individual ID)
- Photos if available
- If it requires a password
- Distinguishing marks, cover or stickers
- Details of the laptop theft, such as when, where and how the laptop theft occurred
- Any other important details that pertain to the laptop theft
- Get a copy of the stolen laptop police report with the case number
Once a police report is filed, it gets entered on to a international intranet database. Unfortunately, this database can not be accessed by the public, which can be a great resource for stolen laptop recovery. To alert the world instantly, report your stolen laptop online. Read how to report a stolen laptop online below.
Report Stolen Laptop Online
Make a world of difference for recovering your stolen laptop by creating an Online Stolen Laptop Report with Stolen Lost Found Online.
- Click "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the web page
- Enter your information
- Click the "Register" button
- Go to the email account that was used for registration
- Open the Email Verification email message and click the link in the email message body - or - copy and paste the URL address in the email message body into the address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key
- Log in to your new account
- Click the "Report Stolen, Lost or Found Property" link in the main menu
- Click the "Computer" category link
- Click the "Laptop" sub-category link
- Leave the "Post as Stolen" check box selected
- Enter as many details about the stolen laptop as possible, especially the make, model, serial number and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button
That's it. Once submitted, the Stolen Laptop Report posts to the website immediately and will appear on search engine results within a day. The Stolen Laptop Report process only takes a couple minutes and increases your chance of recovering your stolen laptop, long into the future!
Stolen Laptop Database
These are the latest stolen laptop reports on the Stolen Laptop Database:
|Serial Number||Make, Model||Reward||Photo|
|R90Z22XP||Stolen Lenovo, Thinkpad T560|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen Property, No model name recorded|
|0022073355057||Stolen Microsoft, Surface Book|
|NXRYXAA0092521FBDD1601||Stolen Acer, Aspire S5|
|C02RD3RQFVH8||Stolen Apple Mac Book Pro, A1502|
|027631232353||Stolen Microsoft, Surface Pro 128 GB|
|CWC1342||Stolen DELL, INSPIRON 7000 7548|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen Dell, Latitude|
|C02J77HVDRVC||Stolen Apple, A1466|
|C17FF8TWDH2G||Stolen Apple, MacBook Pro 13Early-2011|
|5CG6123LTX||Stolen HP, HP Elitebook Folio 9480m - i7|
|010621453753||Stolen microsoft, surface pro 3|
|PF0DJYYA||Stolen lenovo, y700|
|QB08495555||Stolen Lenovo, 59428076|
|C02PR04SG8WM||Stolen MacBook Pro, A1398|
|CNU0272J9C||Stolen HP, pavillion dv5 2070US|
|CNU426C6SL||Stolen HP, EliteBook 850 G1|
|80E30181US A86GB||Stolen Lenovo, No model name recorded|
|5CD3251G28||Stolen Hp, Hp pavilion e-034tx|
|C1MPM6N3DTY3||Stolen Apple, MacBook Pro|
Stolen Laptop Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Stolen Laptop information possible. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any Stolen Laptop information or a theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.
Stolen Lost Found Online, the only online Stolen Property Database and Lost And Found Database all in one.
Stolen Laptop Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Stolen Laptop information. If you have any stolen property information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.