Report Stolen iPhone Page Content
Report Stolen iPhone Overview
iPhone is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, smart phones out today. Although the exact number of stolen iPhones is not known, it is in epidemic proportion. There could easily be a stolen iPhone every thirty minutes somewhere in the united states alone. This makes it all the more important to be aware and educate yourself on iPhone theft prevention and stolen iPhone tracking software available for your phone. Stolen Lost & Found Online is here to help, we provide this stolen iPhone information and iPhone theft prevention tips for you to avoid becoming a victim of iPhone theft and helping you if you have had your iPhone stolen.
Report Stolen iPhone To Your Service Provider
Reporting your stolen iPhone to your service provider is a very important first step. This is to avoid the iPhone theif from racking up additional serivce charges, leaving you with the bill...rude! Currently, AT&T and Verizon are the only two authorized service providers for the Apple iPhone.
To report stolen iPhone to AT&T, you can report it online on the AT&T website, or you can call the toll free number: 1-800-331-0500.
To report stolen iPhone to Verizon, you can report it online on the Verizon website, or you can call the toll free number: 1-800-922-0204.
Reporting your stolen iPhone to your service provider can be required for some insurance carriers as well as an official stolen iPhone police report.
How To File A Stolen iPhone Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen iPhone Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen iPhone report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen iPhone as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen iPhone report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen iPhone, long into the future.
Latest Stolen iPhone Reports
- Stolen Iphone 5s serial number F17LX8ZSFFFN
- Stolen iphone 5 ID 12484
- Stolen iPhone 5s serial number DX3MVA31FNJJ
- Stolen iPhone 4S serial number 013176005692572
- Stolen iphone 4s serial number SNC8PK5XCYDTD0
- Stolen Apple iPhone ID 12190
- Stolen iphone iphone4s serial number 013199008666138
- Stolen Apple iPhone serial number 013845005060580
- Stolen IPHONE iphone 4 8GB serial number C3KLR01KDPMW
- Stolen Iphone 5C ID 11880
Report Stolen iPhone Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen iPhone information. If you have any stolen iPhone information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.