Report Stolen Car Page Content
Report Stolen Car Overview
Having your car stolen is a terrible feeling. If you are a victim of auto theft, don't feel alone; a car is stolen approximately every 30 seconds in the United States alone. Stolen Lost Found Online provides this information on how to report a stolen car and the Online Stolen Car Database to ease the stress and get your stolen car back!
Don't forget that time is of the essence. If you experienced auto theft, the sooner you report the stolen car the better.
How To File A Stolen Auto Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen Auto Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen Auto report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen Auto as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen Auto report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen Auto, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Auto Reports
- Stolen Honda civic serial number 1hgem21542l039662
- Stolen Yamaha R125 ID 12439
- Stolen Mahindra Scorpio Scorpio VLX ID 12435
- Stolen YUKON DENALI XL ID 12432
- Stolen Toyota Land cruiser ID 12401
- Stolen Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL serial number 1G3AJ55M6S6371416
- Stolen Chevrolet Malibu serial number 1G1NE52M6W6238745
- Stolen Thounder Mo Harley Davidson serial number 1T9C1L3676F717054
- Stolen ACCORD HONDA serial number 1HGCB7650NA026927
- Stolen SUZUKI GS500E serial number JS1GM51A2L2102295
Report Stolen Car Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen Car information. If you have any stolen Auto information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.