Report Stolen Car Page Content
Report Stolen Car Overview
Having your car stolen is a terrible feeling. If you are a victim of auto theft, don't feel alone; a car is stolen approximately every 30 seconds in the United States alone. Stolen Lost Found Online provides this information on how to report a stolen car and the Online Stolen Car Database to ease the stress and get your stolen car back!
Don't forget that time is of the essence. If you experienced auto theft, the sooner you report the stolen car the better.
How To File A Stolen Car Police Report
If you are a stolen car victim, it is very important to create a stolen car police report as soon as you discover the theft. By creating a stolen car police report, you eliminate yourself from being held liable if the stolen car is in an accident or used in another crime.
Here's the steps to follow to file a stolen car police report:
- Go into the physical location of the police department or law enforcement agency where the car was stolen to create the stolen car police report.
- While creating the stolen car police report, give the reporting officer as much information as possible including:
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)
- The license plate number
- The make and model of the stolen car
- The color
- The year the car was manufactured
- Any identifying marks, dents, bumper-stickers, etc.
- Where the stolen car was last seen
- Once you have finished creating the stolen car police report, you will be provided a copy of the police report with the case number. Be sure to keep this for your records as it will be required for any insurance claim and to claim the stolen car if it is recovered.
A stolen car police report will go on to a national police Intranet database, unfortunately this stolen car database is not accessed by the public. Odds are the more people that know about your stolen car, the better. To let the world know about your stolen car, report the stolen car online on Stolen Lost Found Online.
How To Report A Stolen Car Online
Here are the steps to report a stolen car online:
- Click the "Register" link at the top right hand side of the page
- Fill in the form and click the "Register" button
- Navigate to the email used for registration and open the Email Verification email from Stolen Lost Found Online
- Click the link within the email message -or- copy and paste the link the browser URL bar and press "Return" or "Enter" on the keyboard
- Log in to Stolen Lost Found Online to access your new account
- Click the "Report Stolen, Lost or Found Property" link in the main menu at page top
- Click the "Automobile / Motorcycle" link rom the category list
- Click the "Car" link from the sub-category list
- Leave "Post as Stolen" checked in the top of the form
- Enter as many details as possible, the more the better
- Including pictures really helps for visual reference to the stolen car
- Click the "Submit" button
That's it. Once posted, the online stolen car report will appear on the website instantly and will appear on the search engines within a day of posting, literally making a world of difference in recovering your stolen car!
Report stolen car conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen Car information possible. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any Report Stolen Car information or a theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.
Stolen Lost Found Online, the only online Stolen Property Database and Lost And Found Database all in one.
Report Stolen Car Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen Car information. If you have any lost & found, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.