Report Stolen Camera
Report Stolen Camera Page Content
Stolen Camera Overview
The fact that cameras are small, easy to steal and make for a quick sale make them a hot target for thieves. The Stolen Camera Database on Stolen Lost Found Online is free and provides people an easy way to report a stolen camera or other stolen equipment online. This article covers how to report a stolen camera to the police, how to report a stolen camera online and camera theft prevention tips.
Report Stolen Camera To The Police
If you have experienced a stolen, the first thing to do should be to file an official stolen camera police report. Here are the general steps to file a stolen camera report:
- Go to the location of the police station or law enforcement agency where the camera was stolen.
- If applicable, ask for the stolen property department.
- Information typically requested while filing a stolen camera report:
- Serial number (this is the most important item as it's the stolen camera's individual identification number)
- The details of the camera theft, such as when, where and how the camera was stolen
- Any identifying marks or stickers
- Obtain a copy of the stolen camera police report
Once the stolen camera police report is completed, it will be entered onto an international police intranet database. This database, however, is not to be accessed by the public. To increase chances of recovering your stolen camera is to alert the world by reporting the stolen camera online.
Report Stolen Camera Online
Recover your stolen camera by reporting it online. Here are the general steps to create an Online Stolen Camera Report:
- Click the 'Register' link at the top right-hand side of the page
- Enter your information and click the 'Register' button
- Open your email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
- Log into the website
- Click the 'Report Stolen, Lost or Found Property' link in the main navigation bar
- Click the appropriate stolen Camera category (either still or motion)
- Click the appropriate stolen Camera sub-category (camera, lens, flash, etc.)
- Leave the 'Post as Stolen' check box selected
- Enter as much information as possible, especially the serial number and photos of the stolen camera if available
- Click the 'Submit' button
That's it. Once the Stolen Camera Report is submitted, it's posted to Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. This online Stolen Camera Report increases chances to recover your stolen camera, long into the future!
Alert Local Pawn Shops Of The Stolen Camera
It's a good idea to alert local pawn shops of your stolen camera. Many thieves attempt a gain quick cash by selling stolen goods at pawn shops so alerting them about the stolen camera can help you get your stolen camera back.
Engrave Your Name On Your Camera
By engraving your name and contact information on an inconspicuous place on the the camera you can greatly increase chances of recovery. Even if the thief finds the engraving, they will have to somehow remove it which will raise suspicion and make it very hard to sell.
Camera Theft Prevention
Camera theft is typically a crime of opportunity. One of the best ways prevent a camera theft is to use common sense:
- Stay around lots of people and remain constantly aware of your camera
- Keep your camera around your neck or hidden from view when not in use
- Carry your camera in a non-descriptive bag or backpack without expensive camera brand logos on it
- Remain aware of your surroundings and if someone is admiring your camera
- Do not leave you camera in a car, especially in a place it can be seen
Inquire on the cost of camera insurance, if you have camera insurance, from a reputable provider you have the piece of mind of being reimbursed if your camera is stolen.
Latest Stolen Camera Reports On The Stolen Camera DatabaseStolen Camera Database
|Serial Number||Make, Model||Reward||Photo|
|8253679||Stolen Sony, DSC-W230|
|1132227126||Stolen Canon, Powershot A520|
|445961||Stolen Canon, EF 70-200 F4 L IS|
|9320003571||Stolen Canon , 70-200mm f2.8II IS USM||Reward|
|115008597||Stolen Canon , 24-70mm f2.8 IS USM II||Reward|
|093016000327||Stolen Canon, 1DX||Reward|
|073012000256||Stolen Canon , 1DX||Reward|
|unknown||Stolen gopro hero 3 plus, black edition||Reward|
|2210785||Stolen Nikon, SB-400|
|3189375||Stolen Nikon, 18-200MM f3.5-5.6G Lens||Reward|
|3511269||Stolen Nikon, D40|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen GoPro , Hero3 black edition||Reward|
|174028005992||Stolen CANON, 5D3|
|32823835-5155532||Stolen Sony, Sony NEX-5R||Reward|
|194029003080||Stolen canon, 5D3||Reward|
|HD3SB10120EF9A9||Stolen GoPro, Hero 3 Silver||Reward|
|40177046||Stolen Nikon, Nikon Coolpix S9100||Reward|
|F4KJRHFVF 196||Stolen APPLE, IPAD MINI||Reward|
|1080457669||Stolen Canon, 500D|
|H7IA10792-R||Stolen Panasonic, VDR-D230|
Report Stolen Camera Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen Camera information possible. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any Report Stolen Camera information or a theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.
Stolen Lost Found Online, the only online Stolen Property Database and Lost And Found Database all in one.