Report Stolen Camera Page Content
Stolen Camera Overview
The fact that cameras are small, easy to steal and make for a quick sale make them a hot target for thieves. The Stolen Camera Database on Stolen Lost Found Online is free and provides people an easy way to report a stolen camera or other stolen equipment online. This article covers how to report a stolen camera to the police, how to report a stolen camera online and camera theft prevention tips.
Alert Local Pawn Shops Of The Stolen Camera
It's a good idea to alert local pawn shops of your stolen camera. Many thieves attempt a gain quick cash by selling stolen goods at pawn shops so alerting them about the stolen camera can help you get your stolen camera back.
Engrave Your Name On Your Camera
By engraving your name and contact information on an inconspicuous place on the the camera you can greatly increase chances of recovery. Even if the thief finds the engraving, they will have to somehow remove it which will raise suspicion and make it very hard to sell.
Camera Theft Prevention
Camera theft is typically a crime of opportunity. One of the best ways prevent a camera theft is to use common sense:
- Stay around lots of people and remain constantly aware of your camera
- Keep your camera around your neck or hidden from view when not in use
- Carry your camera in a non-descriptive bag or backpack without expensive camera brand logos on it
- Remain aware of your surroundings and if someone is admiring your camera
- Do not leave you camera in a car, especially in a place it can be seen
Inquire on the cost of camera insurance, if you have camera insurance, from a reputable provider you have the piece of mind of being reimbursed if your camera is stolen.
How To File A Stolen Camera Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Stolen Camera Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen Camera report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information about the Stolen Camera as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Stolen Camera report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Stolen Camera, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Camera Reports
- Stolen GoPro 3 White serial number 135-03888-000 REVB
- Stolen GoPro Hero serial number C3111025088740
- Stolen canon 7d serial number 3981612110
- Stolen Nikon SB-910 AF Speedlight i-TTL Shoe Mount Flash serial number 2129543
- Stolen Olympus 12-40mm PRO f2.8 serial number AC5226821
- Stolen Olympus OMD-EM5 serial number BEJ510991
- Stolen Canon Rebel 350 ID 13244
- Stolen Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition serial number HD3BB02131F7598
- Stolen PolaroidFUJIFILM Instax Mini 25 ID 13227
- Stolen GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition serial number HD3BB04132546E0
Report Stolen Camera Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Report Stolen Camera information. If you have any stolen Camera information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.