Police Report Page Content
What is a Police report?
A police report is a written record of evidence for any complaint, accident or theft. Only police officers can create a police report, this is why they are such an important piece of official evidence in court cases. A police report is the official starting point for verification of statements made, records of behavior, witnesses and other observations the officer may have noted that will be considered in proceedings.
What is included in a police report?
Included in a police report is the statements made by the individual or individuals creating the police report and the police officer's input of the situation. In a traffic related police report, the arresting police officer will input items such as thoughts, observations, whether a field sobriety test was performed, any violations, if a vehicle search was performed and what resulted in the decision to arrest the person. The police officers comments in a police report is very important in the court ruling of cases. This is why it is so important to always be respectful and calm when dealing with the police because everything said and done, including attitude and behavior, will be recorded in the official police report. In a theft, robbery or burglary police report, the officer will include items such as how the property was stolen, if a weapon was involved, if there is any description of assailants, entry point and what was stolen.
What is the importance of a police report?
The police report is the single most important article if court case ensues. For traffic violations, it is of the utmost importance to have an official police report of the situation as people can change their story to avoid legal and financial responsibility. It is recommended that police are not called to an accident scene if the damages are under $1000, but even a minor fender bender quickly gets into the thousands with today's modern cars of plastic bumper covers and costly auto body repair. For theft, a police report is critical in the recovery of stolen property. Also, every insurance company requires an official police report to receive compensation for stolen property claims. The importance for a police report in civil complaints is crucial for the police officers input of the situation, especially if people are irate or participating in violent behavior.
Always be sure to receive copies of all a police report and store them in a secure place for personal records and any insurance claims.
Why report stolen property online?
A police report is an important first step, however, this report gets entered onto a private police database, not to be seen by the public. The more eyes on your case the better, alert the world instantly on this free stolen property database. This online report greatly increases your chance of recovery, long into the future.
How To File A Property Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Property Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Property report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post the item either as Stolen, Lost or Found.
- Enter as much information as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your item, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Property Reports
- Stolen Dodge Caliber serial number 1b3hb28b58d678652
- Stolen Apple iPhone 6S serial number C7JRK339GRXQ
- Stolen GoPro Hero 5 Black serial number C3161325413469
- Stolen Martin GPC12PA4 serial number 1891723
- Stolen Ibanez LGB30 serial number 8780212916
- Stolen Overton Family Cabinet Card Photographs California Circa 1890s Sterling City and Chico California serial number Vintage Photographs
- Stolen Rolex Explorer 2 serial number 6079473
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM serial number 21980913
- Stolen Sony a7s ii serial number S01-3391834-H
Police Report Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Police Report information. If you have any stolen Property information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.