Lost Property Page Content
Lost Property Overview
Everyone knows the terrible feeling of loosing something, especially if the item had irreplaceable personal value. This article covers the definition of lost property, the difference between stolen property and lost property and how to report lost property on the free Lost Property Database.
Lost Property Definition
Lost Property (noun);
Lost property is something missing from it's rightful owner by means of forgetting where it was left or by means of an animal going a stray;
"I seem to have lost my iPhone, I just can't remember where I left it."
"The gardener left the gate open and my dog got out, now he's lost."
The Difference Between Lost Property And Stolen Property
Lost property differs from stolen property in that stolen property is something that has purposely been removed from the rightful owner. Lost property, however, can become stolen property if someone finds something, knows who it belongs to but intentionally does not return it to the lost property's rightful owner. If someone files a stolen property police report for the lost property, the possession of stolen property charges becomes more likely.
How To File A Lost Property Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Lost Property Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Lost Property report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Lost.
- Enter as much information about the Lost Property as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Lost Property report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Lost Property, long into the future.
Latest Lost Property Reports
- Lost Apple 6s plus serial number FLNRC0RVGRWF
- Lost GoPro Hero 4 Session serial number C3141326364965
- Lost Apple iPad Mini 2 serial number F4KMW67NFCM7
- Lost Jeep Wrangler sport serial number 1K4AA2D12BL559643
- Lost MG5Y2LLA IPhone 6 Gold 16GB A1549 serial number F19PKCB2G5MF
- Lost Chevy Tahoe serial number 1gnek13t13j225822
- Lost BREITLING MONTRESS SA Breitling Navitimer Jupiter Pilot serial number Breitling Ref. A59028 Case Nr. 14415
- Lost Rolex 16113 serial number 6767495
- Lost Vince Leather Jacket Scuba leather jacket with fabric panels ID 15525
- Lost apple iphone6 serial number C36P21N6G5MR
Lost Property Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Lost Property information. If you have any lost & found Property information, loss prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.