- "Website" refers to "stolenlostfound.org," "StolenLostFound," "Stolen Lost Found," "Stolen Lost Found Online," "Stolen Lost & Found," and "Stolen Lost & Found Online.".
- In certain contexts the words "website" may also refer to / include the company which owns the website, as well as include some or all of its members, employees, contractors, beneficiaries, assigns, and agents.
- "Our" and "we" may also be used, on occasion, to signify the company which owns an operates the website, as well as include some or all of its members, employees, contractors, beneficiaries, assigns, and agents.
- "You" and "Your" refers to an individual, company, or third party who registers for website and/or uses the website either to post stolen property, to list their property, or to search the website database in order to discover if a piece of property has been reported stolen on the website database.
- "Listing" refers the information, associated with a particular piece of property, entered by you into website database.
- Plural words shall include the singular, and the singular shall include the plural
- Neuter gender shall include the male and female as well as a trust, firm, company, or corporation, all as the context and meaning of this agreement may require.
- You agree to use the website solely for it's intended purposes. These purposes include:
- the listing of a piece of property which you rightfully own;
- listing a piece of property, which you rightfully own and has been lost stolen from your possession, lost by your possession or found your you;
- searching the database by manufacturer, make / model, and serial number or VIN in order to determine if a specific piece of equipment has been reported stolen, lost or found on the website;
- and/or you are a third-party who is rightfully granted access by the account holder for whatever purposes (legal, insurance claim, etc.).
- any collection, duplication, or any other derivative use of information or images of or on the website;
- using, or cause a third party to use, contact information listed when searching the website database for a specific item, other than using the contact information for the purpose for which it was intended;
- the misuse of information including intellectual property violations, using information for spam mail or solicitation of any kind, copying text, copying codes, mimicking database storage and use, imitating marketing techniques, etc.;
- any use of spiders, robots, or other similar data gathering tools or programs;
- and use, duplication, or collection of any information, images, graphics, site layout, site design, programming code, etc. for any purpose other than the purposes outlined in clause 2.J.
- search engines and non-commercial public archives can use robots, spiders, data mining tools to amass, copy, or duplicate information for the sole purpose of ranking URL's and providing links to the website;
- you may display on your website, or create a hyperlink to the home page of the website so long as the link does not portray the website, its owners, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter;
- and if you wish to copy, collect, reproduce, or make derivative use of any content displayed on the the website for any other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain a license from the website owners.
- that you will not compete with the website for a period of 2 years;
- that you will not indirectly or directly disclose or provide information (data entry techniques, data, information, website or page layouts, functions, buttons, URLS, programming, services, etc) to a third-party who is, intends to, or will compete with the website;
- and you will not nor cause a third party to, directly or indirectly hire, solicit, or encourage to leave the website employment, any employee, consultant, or contractor of the website or hire any such employee, consultant, or contractor who has left the website employment or contractual engagement within a two-year period.
3. Website Owner Rights
- B. You understand that the website owner or owners, employees, contractors, etc. can, at anytime, modify or discontinue, some or all of the website information, site maps, or programming, with or without notice, and that the website in doing so will not be liable financially or otherwise, to any individual, company, or third party if the website is modified or discontinued in such manner.
4. Final Note
- The website has no affiliation to any police or law enforcement agency what so ever. The website is not responsible for any false, fraudulent, misleading or inaccurate stolen property, lost property or found property claims. Posting on the website does not constitute nor replace an official police report what so ever. The website is not responsible for any action of any kind from a person, company or entity, resulting from of the website.
- By posting stolen property or lost property on the website, you agree that you are the rightful and legal owner of that item or have the permission of the rightful or legal owner to do so. By posting on the website, you are agreeing that you are responsible for any action, legal or otherwise, resulting from your posting and website activity.
- The website is not responsible for finding, recovering or returning any stolen property, lost property or found property nor is the website responsible for any compensation for stolen property, lost property or found property. The website is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from usage of the website. The website's goal is to provide the most current and accurate information and tips, but the website is not responsible for outdated or inaccurate information or tips nor is the website responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the information or tips provided on the website.