Is My Car Stolen?
Is My Car Stolen? Page Content
Is My Car Stolen Overview
It's a horrific feeling as anyone who has experienced knows only too well; walking up to the place you know you parked your car and it's not there. First, you may think "I must have parked it somewhere else and just being forgetful." However, after looking around and it doesn't turn up you may find yourself in a state of disbelief, asking yourself, "Is my car stolen?" A car being stolen in the United States approximately every 30 seconds, it's actually not uncommon, so don't feel alone.
Is My Car Stolen? What To Do
- Look around where you parked it; let's face it, it happens to us all from time to time, we are sure we left something somewhere and it turns out our memory has failed us. Be sure to thoroughly search the area you remember leaving your car.
- Check if your car was impounded; if your car is missing from where you parked it, the first thing to do is call the non-emergency phone number of the police station or law enforcement agency in the area and ask if your missing car was impounded.
- Check if your car was re-possessed; if car payments become delinquent, banks have the right to re-possess a car. The bank will then hold the car for a certain period for payments to be brought current or they will resell the car.
- Report the stolen car to the police; if your car was not impounded, report it stolen immediately. By doing so the police will typically come to the scene of the missing car, if not, go into the local police station and file a stolen car police report. This will relieve you of any liability if the car is in an accident or used in another crime. Also, a police report and case number will be required for any insurance claims. Click here to learn how to report a stolen car to the police
- Report Your Stolen Car Online; a police report is a very important first step, however, the stolen car report goes on to a private police Intranet not to be seen by the public. So after you have filed an official stolen car police report, let the world know about your stolen car by reporting it online on the Stolen Car Database on Stolen Lost & Found Online. The report will appear on the website instantly and appear on the search engines within a day, literally making a world of difference in recovering your stolen car, long into the future. Click here to learn how to report a stolen car online
- Is My Car Stolen? Offer A Reward For Your Stolen Car; by offering a reward you greatly increase your chance of recovering your stolen car, there are many good Samaritans out there, but a reward will definitely not hurt.
Is My Car Stolen Conclusion
If you find yourself asking "Is my car stolen?" know that Stolen Lost Found Online is here to help. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any stolen car information or an auto theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.