How To Track Lost Blackberry Page Content
Track Lost Blackberry Overview
Blackberry is one of the most popular smart phone devices. However, the small size of the Blackberry makes it easy to lose. Covered in this article is how to track a lost Blackberry and how to report a lost Blackberry online.
Track Lost Blackberry With The Free Blackberry Protect App
One way on how to track lost Blackberry is Blackberry's recent release of Blackberry Protect. What's lost can be found with Blackberry Protect in many ways, not only the physical tracking of the lost Blackberry device, but remote back up of the lost Blackberry data. Here is some more information on how to track lost Blackberry:
- Remotely back up lost Blackberry data including contacts, calendars, tasks, memos, bookmarks and text messages. This lost Blackberry back up can be done automatically.
- Track lost Blackberry location online using GPS technology.
- Activate a loud ring tone on the lost Blackberry so you can find it's location.
- Remotely losck the lost Blackberry to protect your content.
- Display a message including reward information on the lost Blackberry home screen to help someone who finds it to return it.
- Remotely wipe all the data on the lost Blackberry to ensure no one from accessing it.
How To Install Blackberry Protect And How To Track Lost Blackberry
- Download the free Blackberry Protect app, this link must be selected on your Blackberry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20844
- Log into: Blackberry Protect Log In
For more information on this, be sure to visit the Blackberry Protect information page.
How To File A Lost Blackberry Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Lost Blackberry Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Lost Blackberry report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Lost.
- Enter as much information about the Lost Blackberry as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the Lost Blackberry report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your Lost Blackberry, long into the future.
Latest Lost Blackberry Reports
- Lost Blackberry 9780 serial number 286E4EB3
- Lost Blackberry 9780 serial number 286E4EB3
- Lost Blackberry 9320 ID 9182
- Lost BlackBerry Bold ID 8013
- Lost blackberry 8520 serial number IMEI 359199043477212
- Lost Blackberry Curve 9300 serial number 354909047284256
- Lost Blackberry 9780 serial number 2370D719
- Lost Blackberry Bold 9900 ID 5985
- Lost Blackberry Bold 9900 ID 4907
- Lost Blackberry Curve 8520 ID 4904
How To Track Lost Blackberry Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise How To Track Lost Blackberry information. If you have any lost & found Blackberry information, loss prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.