How To Report A Stolen Car Page Content
How To Report A Stolen Car Overview
Even though auto theft has been on the decline in recent years, there is still a car stolen approximately every 30 seconds in the United States. So if you are a victim of auto theft, don't feel alone and do know Stolen Lost & Found Online is here to help. This information of how to report a stolen car to assist you in your time of need, and hopefully help you recover your stolen car by reporting it online. By doing so, you alert the world instantly instead of your stolen car police report getting stuck on a private police intranet for no one to see.
How To Report A Stolen Car To The Police
It is imperative to report the stolen car to the police as soon as you discover the car missing. An official stolen car police report eliminates your liability if the stolen car is in an accident or used in another crime. It also assists the police to gather data of how many cars are stolen in what areas to enforce stronger auto theft prevention techniques such as the Bait Car program. Furthermore, an official stolen car police report will be required by insurance companies for a claim.
- Call your local police station or law enforcement non-emergency phone number to get the address or search for it online.
- Go to the physical location of the police department or law enforcement agency and request the theft department.
- While creating the stolen car police report, give the reporting officer as much information as possible. Stolen car information generally requested:
- VIN (vehicle identification number)
- License plate number
- How many doors
- Identifying marks, unique rims or stickers
- When the auto theft occurred
- How the auto theft occurred
- Where the auto theft occurred
- If the vehicle was left unlocked or with the keys in it
- Get a copy of the stolen car police report with the case number (be sure to keep this for your records)
All theft police reports, including auto theft, is entered into a national police intranet, not to be accessed by the general public.
How To Report A Stolen Car Online
Here are the steps to report a stolen car online:
- On the top right side of the page, click "Register"
- Fill in the form and click "Register"
- Verify email - navigate to your email and click the link within the email body from Stolen Lost & Found Online
- Click or copy and paste the verification link into the browser address bar
- This will direct back to Stolen Lost & Found Online
- Log In and click the "Report Stolen, Lost or Found Property" link in the main navigation bar at page top
- Click the "Automobile / Motorcycle" category
- Click "Car" sub-category
- While filling in the form, enter as much information as possible, especially the VIN and where the missing car was last seen
- Click "Submit"
This online stolen car report will appear on Stolen Lost & Found Online instantly and will get indexed by the search engines within a day, literally making a world of difference in recovering your stolen car.
How To Report A Stolen Car To An Insurance Provider
- Call your insurance provider with your policy number, drivers license number, VIN and license plate number ready
- Have the police report and case number ready to give to your insurance adjuster
- Provide details of the auto theft including where the missing car was last seen and how it was stolen it that is known
Here are some of the major insurance carriers for your convenience:
- State Farm
- Unitrin Direct
- Mercury Insurance Group
- Unitrin Specialty
- 21st Century
Stolen Car Database
Here are the latest stolen car reports on the Stolen Car Database:
|Serial Number||Make, Model||Reward||Photo|
|3G1JC5245WS856512||Stolen Chevrolet, Cavalier||Reward|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen Chevrolet, Cavalier||Reward|
|3FAHP0HA0BR131479||Stolen Ford, Fusion SE||Reward|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen suzuki, hayabusa||Reward|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen Property, No model name recorded|
|1GKDT13S222378764||Stolen GMC, ENVOY|
|JT2SV22E0LO320432||Stolen Toyota, Camry|
|WBAVB13556PT13023||Stolen BMW, 325i|
|7A8DH2A0700018130||Stolen Nissan, Cefiro|
|MHD01C00476||Stolen HYUNDAI, XD ELANTRA 1.8L AT||Reward|
|JHMEG8555SS002434||Stolen Honda, Civic||Reward|
|1fmcu24x6mua92942||Stolen Ford, Explorer|
|jt8uz30cxn0022659||Stolen lexus, sc 400|
|JYYARI8E3PA002242||Stolen Yamaha, Fz6r|
|WDBJF70J0YB068348||Stolen Mercedes Benz, e430||Reward|
|JS1RJ18C762102928||Stolen SUZUKI, RM 250||Reward|
|3N1CN7AP9DL819104||Stolen Nissan, Versa|
|2HGEJ2227SH567156||Stolen HONDA, CIVIC|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen nissan, altima|
|No serial number recorded||Stolen Pontiac, Bonneville||Reward|
How To Report A Stolen Car Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise How To Report A Stolen Car information possible. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any How To Report A Stolen Car information or a theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.
Stolen Lost Found Online, the only online Stolen Property Database and Lost And Found Database all in one.
Latest How To Report A Stolen Car reports
How To Report A Stolen Car Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedication to providing the most current and concise How To Report A Stolen Car information. If you have any lost & found, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.