How To File A Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report Stolen Property Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Stolen report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post as Stolen.
- Enter as much information as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your item, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Property Reports
- Stolen Property ID 15652
- Stolen Property ID 15642
- Stolen Telefunken ID 15636
- Stolen Property ID 15633
- Stolen Property ID 15630
- Stolen Breitling serial number 4007491
- Stolen Property ID 15596
- Stolen Property ID 15595
- Stolen Property ID 15593
- Stolen McClellan High School class ring ID 15578
Latest Lost Property Reports
- Lost Apple iPad Mini 2 serial number F4KMW67NFCM7
- Lost Property ID 15033
- Lost Ford serial number 1FTSE34S37DA94627
- Lost iPad 2 16gb serial number DN6FRL84DFJ2
- Lost US Passport serial number 42.......
- Lost Cartier ID 14269
- Lost Ben Bridge serial number 17172880
- Lost Apple serial number F19LP8V2FFDQ
- Lost Digital Camera in Los Angeles summer 2012 ID 13497
- Lost First Generation Ipad serial number FQ0454EAZ38
Latest Found Property Reports
- Found Cartier ID 15363
- Found A1430 ID 14606
- Found Cartier ID 14566
- Found Property ID 14242
- Found Razor Scooter ID 13514
- Found Property ID 13475
- Found iphone 5 ID 11968
- Found Ipad air ID 11955
- Found A1432 ID 11813
- Found Powershot S95 Image Stabilizer ID 11757
File Police Report Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise File Police Report information. If you have any stolen property information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.