Auto Insurance Tips Page Content
Auto Insurance Tips Overview
Paying too much for auto insurance is actually quite common. As a matter of fact, chances are there is another insurance company offering a better rate than the one you may be currently using. And now, with the high-speed internet at our finger tips, it has never been easier to shop for lower rates, better coverage and lower premiums. The majority of insurance customers, however, do not shop around as they would when shopping for a car, instead people typically purchase the first insurance carrier they contact. In addition to not shopping around when purchasing insurance, people typically do not contact their current insurance carriers and inquire about lower rates. By following these helpful auto insurance tips, you can potentially save hundreds of dollars and possibly get better coverage.
Money Saving Auto Insurance Tips
Inquire about any discounts and ask several times
Low Risk Occupations Auto Insurance Discount
People who work in certain occupations get into less accidents and auto insurance adjusters collect this data, of which you can use to your advantage! While shopping for quotes on auto insurance rates, inquire about discounts that you qualify for according to what you do for a living.
Auto Club And Organization Affiliation Auto Insurance Discount
If you have an affiliation with an organization such as AAA, auto insurance companies, like hotels, will offer certain discounts. Be sure to mention any affiliation you have to organizations while speaking to an auto insurance agent and ask your employer if your place of work offers group rates.
Auto Insurance Coverage For Combined Coverage
If you use the same insurance that you use for your house, motorcycle or boat, you can save a lot on your auto insurance rates. By doing so, you can save on not only on your auto insurance but on everything else you insure with the provider.
Auto Insurance Discounts For Optional Auto Safety Features
You can save money on your auto insurance by having optional auto safety features on your vehicle. The thing that saves the most is anti-lock brakes, another two big ones are airbags and automatic seatbelts. These are things many people don't think about while getting auto insurance quotes and are not mentioned by agents or online forms. Sometimes it's better to actually call and speak with an auto insurance agent to inquire about such savings.
Assuming more financial risk
Odds are that safe and responsible drivers will have no incidents or accidents and this is how insurance make the majority of their profit; insurance premiums with no claims. You can greatly decrease your premiums by increasing your deductible. If your deductible is $500 and your are a safe driver and not prone to accidents, you can increase your deductible up to $1500-$2000, this will really slash your auto insurance premium up to 30%.
Before Purchasing A Car, Research Auto Insurance Rates For That Vehicle
Auto insurance rates vary from car to car...obviously, a Honda Accord is going to cost less than a twin turbo Porsche. It's not just the speed and performance of the car that determines auto insurance rates, other things are considered while factoring rates; miles per gallon, safety features and safety ratings to mention a few.
Auto Insurance Tips Conclusion
The most important thing to remember while inquiring about new auto insurance or trying to reduce your current auto insurance rates is to do research and ask a lot of questions. Remember, auto insurance companies are not your friend, they want to make money and as much as possible, so it's up to you to be a smart consumer save yourself money.
We at Stolen Lost Found Online are dedicated to providing the most current and concise auto insurance tips possible. If you have a suggestion of how we can better serve you, any auto insurance tips information or a theft prevention tip you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.
How To File A Auto Police Report
The first step in any occurrence of theft is to report the incident to the police immediately. This helps you recover the stolen item if it gets confiscated and helps with an insurance claim process on the account an official police report is required to file a claim.
Here are the general steps to file a police report:
- Call the non-emergency phone number for the local police station or law enforcement agency where the item was stolen.
- Obtain the physical address and go to the police station or law enforcement agency.
- Once there, go to the stolen property department if applicable.
- While creating a stolen property police report it's important to provide the theft detective or clerk with as many details as possible, especially the item's serial number, any identifying marks or stickers. Also include when, where and how the item was stolen.
- Once you have completed the report, be sure to obtain a copy and retain it for follow-up and recovery.
It's important to file a police report for theft, no matter how big, small or valuable the stolen item is, because it helps the police know a thief's (or thieves) M.O. and to control theft by using crime data to increase patrol in areas with a high or rising crime rate. Sometimes an area's theft rate can skyrocket because people don't report theft incidents because the stolen item isn't of high monetary value. This is called petty theft and is how a petty thief can continue stealing because the police are not made aware of their activity.
How To Report A Auto Online
Get the world on your case! Here are the steps to create an online Auto report for free:
- If not yet registered, click the "Register" link at the top right-hand side of the page or click the "Report" button at page top.
- Enter your information and click the "Register" button.
- Open the email account used for registration, open the verification email and click the link in the email body or copy and paste it in your browser address bar and press the "Enter" or "Return" key.
- Log in to the Stolen Lost Found Online website
- Click the "Report" link in the main navigation bar or the "Report" button at page top.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate sub-category.
- Select to post the item either as Stolen, Lost or Found.
- Enter as much information as possible - the make, model and serial number are especially important. Also helpful are any identifying marks and photos if available.
- Click the "Submit" button.
That's it. Once the report is submitted it will post on Stolen Lost Found Online immediately and will appear on the search engines within a day. By reporting online you literally make a world of difference for recovering your item, long into the future.
Latest Stolen Auto Reports
- Stolen Dodge Caliber serial number 1b3hb28b58d678652
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Honda CRF80F serial number JH2HE0116DK201852
- Stolen GMC Topkick serial number 1GDM7H1J3LJ601142
- Stolen Chevrolet 3500 dump truck serial number 3GBKC34G22M107550
- Stolen CHEVEY BLAZER serial number 1GNC518W432216809
- Stolen ACURA TSX serial number JH4CU2F6XAC004354
- Stolen Cadillac Seville ID 15634
- Stolen Ford Pk F150 serial number 1FTRW07L41KE08111
- Stolen Chevrolet Corvette serial number 1g1yk3d73e5126510
Latest Lost Auto Reports
- Lost Jeep Wrangler sport serial number 1K4AA2D12BL559643
- Lost Chevy Tahoe serial number 1gnek13t13j225822
- Lost honda honda serial number JHMCB7664LC118615
- Lost Pontiac Grand Am ID 14977
- Lost Ford serial number 1FTSE34S37DA94627
- Lost Kia Rio serial number KNADC165946233702
- Lost Honda Accord serial number 1HGCM56187A198394
- Lost Honda civic serial number 19XFB2F51CE320121
- Lost Chevrolet 210 Sedan serial number B530069733
- Lost BUEL XB12X serial number 4MZDX03D863703876
Latest Found Auto Reports
- Found Cadillac SRX ID 15516
- Found nissan altimasl ID 15397
- Found ktm duke ID 15184
- Found Kia Amanti ID 15017
- Found Honda Accord ID 14821
- Found Property ID 14242
- Found GMC K1500 ID 14010
- Found chevrolet Equinox Lt ID 13962
- Found Infiniti QX56 ID 13941
- Found ChEVROLET Blazer ID 13662
Auto Insurance Tips Conclusion
Stolen Lost Found Online is dedicated to providing the most current and concise Auto Insurance Tips information. If you have any stolen Auto information, theft prevention or consumer protection tips you would like to share, please let us know. Thanks.